Fashion - Beauty - Travel - Lifestyle

Monday 31 December 2012

The Monday Piece - The Varsity jacket

The Monday Piece this week is on Varsity jackets! I love varsity jackets and that American high school kind of 'look'. I was a cheerleader captain in University and the American Football lads had the coolest jackets, though they were custom made and came from the States and cost a small fortune - i did ponder taking one from the changing rooms but felt too naughty so didn't! Anyway, i've loved them ever since and have recently been on the hunt for the right jacket with the right colours that wasn't ridiculously priced. SO pleased i found this one, it's a boys but i got the smallest size and think it fits ok, there's plenty of room to get a chunky jumper underneath too. I was tempted to try it on with my old cheer kit and take some photos but i though that might be a bit too much, my old kits royal blue and white - it's amazing, i might take one for twitter and post it on there! The body of the jacket is thick wool, and the sleeves are faux leather, the colours and style are quite traditional which i love, i'm pleased i went for this as opposed to the standard black and white version. Are you a fan of Varsity jackets?
Have a great New Year however you celebrate, i'm hoping to have a quiet one with champagne and food!
X

*Forever 21 Varsity jacket*
*Zara grey vest*
*American Apparel nylon tricot leggings, here*
*eBay grey beanie and bracelets*
*c/o Keds plimsole trainers, here*
*H&M star necklace*







SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Great outfit <3

    Happy New Year!
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this jacket and the fact that it is quite oversized. It looks great with your Keds xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, the varsity is ace I love the colours and the fit on you :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that jacket! :) Happy New Year! :)

    XO, Mish @ http://starmishie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molto bella la giacca (: Reb, xoxo.
    *Nuovo post sul mio blog, fammi sapere cosa ne pensi:
    http://www.toprebel.com/2012/12/bye-bye-2012_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could pull of this kind of outfit! Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you !
    I wish you a happy new year !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look really cute. Post a photo on twitter please =)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have one of these jackets! I stopped wearing it though because it didn't match anything I had...I wish I'd kept it now, you look perfect :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your beanie!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outift - I love the varsity jacket :)

    Happy New Year!

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great, Heidi. I've never really been a fan of varsity jackets but you've styled it really well here =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you styled this! This post totally makes me regret giving away my letterman's jacket from high school haha. Cute post, love your style.

    xo Missy
    www.myconcretecatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely love the way you've styled the varsity jacket - I've always wanted one but can never decide how I'd style it...seriously tempted to invest in one, now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the jacket - when I was younger I was obsessed with American culture and really wanted one of these! maybe I should treat myself now,..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post !

    Yeah this is a great look I would wear this everyday girl !!!

    Love and Best Wishes,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh you look gorgeous! I had no idea you were a cheerleader too!! I need to see your kit! Did you ever post it on twitter? :) XOXO Kasia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect! And the beanie just adds that extra cool factor to the whole outfit :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig