Fashion - Beauty - Travel - Lifestyle

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Guest Post - Spring/Summer 2013 trends

I always love to see how the trends on the runway are filtered down to the high street and how they are made “wearable” for people like me. Some of the big trends we’ve seen are monochrome, 60s, fluorescent, lace and oriental. I’ve chosen a few pieces that I think are bang on trend but will last, as there is nothing I hate more than falling in love with a piece and as quickly as I can wear it, it’s out of style. For me it’s all about finding the balance between something that’s stylish, in budget and will stand the test of time



A trend that never goes away is the metallic trend. We see silver and gold on the runway time and time again so if you invest in a metallic piece it will stand you in good stead. Personally I don’t like to go too over the top with this trend as I don’t want to end up looking like the tin man so I think these prom dresses are great for nights out as they incorporate a little of the trend but are still not over the top. Metallic is also a great trend for accessories as anything silver or gold is never going to go out of style.


Prints and graphics were big on the runways with everyone from Hermes to Marc Jacobs getting in on the action. The main patterns we saw were Asian prints, camouflage and deconstructed prints. All are really easy to wear; you just have to let them make a statement. Personally I’m drawn to the deconstructed prints as I think you can accessorise them so easily. With a multi-coloured dress pull any of the colours that you like in there and go wild with your shoes and bag. This is a great trend because it can be translated to all ages, genders and preferences. You can have a graphic print on everything from a shirt to a handbag so it is definitely one worth experimenting with.



Every so often I come across a dress that is just so on trend it hurts. This little beauty is coving three trends at once. Monochrome, check. Ruffles, check. Checks, check! If you are looking for a key piece to update your wardrobe this could be it. Not only is it so current that it hits on three different trends it is also timeless. It’s not often that one dress manages this but the black and white check combination is going nowhere. This is also a great dress for anyone who wanted to try the ruffles trend without bringing back the 80s. You could literally be wearing this dress for years to come.

I hope you enjoyed todays *guest post* featuring Spring/Summer 2013 trends!
X
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I really like these trends :)
    Great post!

    XO
    scribblesofvalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the metallic dress!x

    makeupmusicfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmh :) I want spring! Nice suggestions, beautiful trends! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second outfit combo is great :)

    http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the prints trend very much! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love metallic!
    thanks so much for commenting on my blog - i'm now following you.
    hope you do the same xx
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I really like your blog, I´m following you :)
    ...maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too,
    and if you like it, follow me back :D
    http://modacapital-blog.com
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig