I get asked quite a bit about my hair so thought I'd do a post for it! The majority of women in my family have long, dark hair, and it tends to grow quite quickly which is good. I love having long hair and rarely get it cut or dye it - I generally try to avoid hairdressers at all costs!
In terms of products, I use only a few as I don't like the the thought of loads of chemicals on my hair.
This range of shampoo and conditioner is amazing, it's really natural, leaves my hair so smooth, and strengthens it too so it's less prone to breakage. It's part of the Herbalife range which specialises in natural body and beauty products. I use my Enrapture styler to curl and style my hair, it easily lasts 2 days and is much more non damaging than other stylers.
Here's a list of my hair 'rules' (these work for me but I'm not an expert!)
1. Never brush hair when wet, use a wide toothed comb
2. Don't use hair spray as it snaps your hair
3. Use macademia oil when wet to smooth and soften the hair
4. Don't over use heat - straighteners/dryers/curlers
5. Use a non damaging bobble and clip to put hair up
6. Wash hair every other day
7. Shampoo twice then use lots of conditioner and leave on for 5 minutes
8. Brush hair every morning and night with a paddle brush
9. Use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner, VO5 is a great cheap alternative available everywhere
10. Try not to touch/play with hair too much
If your having trouble growing hair then multivitamins are also quite good, and don't cut it - hairdressers say having a trim will make the hair grow faster and thicker...I don't believe this and has never worked for me! But I'd definitely say the less products the better and try to keep them natural.
I hope my little tips help you, they're quite simple but really work for me, long live long hair!